First Aid Training
BN SHE Consultancy Ltd currently offers a range of First Aid Courses and training. We'll tailor these where possible to meet your needs and requirements. All of our First Aid Training materials are approved through Pro Trainings and all training complies with the latest HSE Guidance. All of our courses are conducted by experienced and fully qualified instructors, who have a wealth of experience in various high and low risk industry sectors.
ALL OF OUR STUDENTS RECEIVE WEEKLY FIRST AID VIDEO TUTORIAL UPDATES VIA EMAIL.
What First Aid Training Do I need?
If you’re unsure as to what level of First Aid training you require for your organisation, the HSE has produced a handy guide to assist you. See here to download a PDF version.
We at BN SHE believe that First Aid is an essential life skill that saves lives and supports our Emergency Medical Services. We endeavour to work around your schedules to deliver high quality, up to date first aid training be it at your premises or at our training facility.
Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
EFAW is a one-day course that will enable a first-aider to give basic emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to the importance of preventing cross infection, the need for recording incidents and actions and the use of available equipment.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure).
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR & AED).
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
We’ll be conducting EFAW courses throughout 2018.
Call us on 07557 101 897 or email email@example.com to discuss booking, pricing, discounts and for further details.
First Aid at Work (FAW)
FAW is a more intensive, three-day course that will further enable a first-aider to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work.
On completion of training, in ADDITION to the abilities described in the EFAW course, successful candidates will be able to:
Administer first aid to a casualty with:
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries;
- Chest injuries.
- Burns and scalds.
- Eye injuries.
- Sudden poisoning.
- Anaphylactic shock.
- Recognise the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and provide appropriate first aid.
Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training
AED’s are increasingly available (and we think this is a REALLY good thing!). They are easy to use and dramatically increase the chances of a casualty’s survival. Unfortunately, there are some of us who don’t understand or are scared to use them. We run a half day course that will walk candidates through and de-mystify their use. Please call for further details.
Paediatric First Aid
If you work or are looking to work in Nursery or Pre-School, are a Foundation Stage Teacher or are a Nanny, Au Pair, Babysitter or Registered Childminder this two-day, course is for you. All course content is to OFSTED requirements. This course can even be conducted as ‘Blended’ Training (half via the internet, half in the class room).
Here is the full list of First Aid courses we support at BN SHE; Please call for further details:
- Appointed Persons in the Workplace
- Basic Equestrian First Aid
- Basic First Aid
- CPR/BLS and AED Level 2
- CPR/BLS and AED for Healthcare Professionals
- CPR/BLS for Healthcare Professionals Refresher
- Dentist CPR/BLS
- EFAW-F for Forestry
- EFAW-F for Forestry Blended
- Emergency First Aid at Work Blended
- Emergency First Aid at Work Level 2
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid level 3
- Equestrian First Aid at Work
- Equestrian First Aid at Work
- FAW-F for Forestry
- FAW-F for Forestry Blended
- Family First Aid
- First Aid At Work Annual Refresher
- First Aid Plus
- First Aid at Work Level 3
- First Aid at Work Level 3 Blended
- First Aid at Work Level 3 Requalification Blended
- First Aid at Work Requalification
- First Aid at Work Requalification for Forestry (FAW-F)
- First Aid at Work for Forestry 2 day Requalification (FAW-F) Blended
- First Aid for Cyclists
- First Aid for Motorcyclists
- First Aid for Teachers
- Healthcare CPR/BLS
- Paediatric (Blended DAY 2) 12 Hour Infant / Child First Aid Level 3
- Paediatric 1 day First Aid for Nannies and Au Pairs
- Paediatric 12 Hour Infant / Child First Aid Level 3
- Paediatric First Aid
- Paediatric First Aid Annual Refresher
- Paediatric First Aid for Nannies and Au Pairs
- Parent First Aid
- Sports First Aid
What ever your training needs, call us and see how we can help!
Luke WellingsManagerTrueline Expanded Products Ltd
"Trueline got in touch with BN SHE following a visit from the HSE in which an improvement notice was issued. In order for us to comply with health and safety legislation we needed a fully compliant health and safety management system that was not only comprehensive and effective but enforced and communicated to employees. BN SHE immediately identified what we needed at Trueline and designed a bespoke action plan to achieve results in a short period of time. Not only was an action plan created but Bonita created all policies and procedures we needed to become compliant and made sure I was involved at every stage so I could understand and enforce our new system. The service BN SHE provided was extremely professional and we could not have been any happier, not only did our health and safety culture improve but Bonita gave me the confidence and knowledge to continue to improve the health and safety of our employees."
Katie ShooterManagerAesthetiCare & Ferndale Pharmaceuticals Ltd
"Health and Safety is no longer something to be scared of in our company. We have been working with BN SHE Consultancy Ltd for over a year now, and this has just become a part of our daily routine. BN SHE always ensure we are fully compliant with Health and Safety regulations, and that we have the correct Risk Assessments in place which fall in line with business change. I would highly recommend BN SHE Consultancy Ltd."
Clive IllingworthSHEA ManagerEssential Fleet Services
"BN SHE Consultancy Ltd were, up until December 2015, assisting our company through various business changes. As the Health & Safety Manager for the company I have found both Bonita and Neil extremely professional in not only dealing with our internal sites and depots, but also our external customers when required. Their meticulous approach when dealing within specific criteria for vehicle repair workshops is second to none. With their proactive approach in dealing with problems, identified as part of the audit process, they were able to assist our staff with on the spot advice on how to rectify the issue/problem; this pragmatic approach and attitude helped make the whole auditing process work extremely well."